Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Labor Day Rocks

I have found since being married holidays are sometimes more stressful then fun. Don't get me wrong I enjoy being with family but sometimes with two families there is alot of running around to do and not enough relaxing. That's why my new favorite holiday is Labor Day. Kalvin had the day off of work! Yippee. Emily, Wes and Hailey were visiting and had stayed the night at our place so that afternoon we had a barbecue with my side of the family. FUN FUN! Everyone cleared out by three and Riley and I got take a little nap (NICE). After naps we had dinner as a family, its sad but this is a rare occasion during the week with work schedules. We then went to the park. Riley loves the park and is finally at the age where I don't have to chase after him while he is teetering on all the steps and slides. We then headed home and watched Rio and had milkshakes. The kids were then in bed by nine and Kal and I had a relaxing rest of the night. What a prefect day!!!! Did I already mention I love Labor Day!!!


2 comments:

Harris Family said...

That sounds fun and nice that you were able to relax.

*mangum*fam* said...

Labor day was fun! THanks for letting us spend night and the yummy BBQ we had a blast!